College applicants must visit and tour the college before enrolling. We require parents of dependent students to co-sign enrollment documents. We recommend that spouses also visit the college. Family support is valuable for a students’ success when starting a new career. Applicants should call or write the admissions coordinator to arrange a visit. Class size is limited so perspective students should apply for admission as early as possible.
An applicant who wishes to be considered must complete the following requirements:
- Have a tour of the facility (You can do this in advance or the day of your Orientation.)
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation (from a teacher, guidance counselor, employer, etc.)
- Submit a valid High School Diploma, High School Transcript with date of completion, or a GED
- Present your Driver’s License, State I.D. or Birth Certificate for copying. (Proof of Age)
- Present your Social Security Card for copying
- $200.00 down payment (We are a Clock Hour school not a Semester School.We do require a down payment that Financial Aid does NOT cover.This payment is also due the date of your Orientation.)
- Present your state issued Cosmetology or Esthetician license, or other proof of license eligibility. (Instructor Course Only)
Any person will be considered for admission based on good moral character; good physical condition; a high school diploma or GED and having proof she/he is at least 17 years of age or older.
High school students without diploma or GED may be considered for enrollment by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Provide written permission from their high school to attend Nuvo College of Cosmetology under a Vocational Training Contract.
- The high school completes a contract with Nuvo College of Cosmetology regarding the student’s training.
- The high school and/or parent’s work out the payment of tuition costs.
Applicants who cannot visit the campus may arrange an interview with an admissions representative at their high school by contacting the Nuvo’s admissions office.
Applicants for the Cosmetology Instructors Course must also have a valid Michigan Cosmetology License to start the training. Nuvo College of Cosmetology does not practice discrimination on the basis sex, race, age, color, ethnic origin, or religion in any of its admission, instructional or graduation policies.
Return to Admission Page.