If “making a difference” in people’s lives means something to you than this is the career choice for you. Teachers foster creativity, develop character, give students lenses with which to view the world and provide students with the skills they need to reach their potential and lead productive lives. This job incorporates technical as well as creative education. Cosmetology instructors are trained to educate and impart skills upon hair stylists, makeup artists, manicurists and estheticians in training. Instructors are licensed beauty professionals and have a vast knowledge in the field of cosmetology. An instructor should be enthusiastic about teaching, setting a good example for cosmetologists to be. The beauty industry is a customer service based business and the importance of this is first taught in school. This course requires 600 hours of class time.
- Students will learn to:
- Teach the theory and practice of cosmetology.
- Effectively use teaching aids in the classroom, including texts, workbooks, audio-visual materials, ect.
- Develop specific teaching techniques to be used in the cosmetology classroom.
- Prepare student to pass the state board examination.
- Help students develop the personal qualities necessary to be a successful teacher.