Information on this Policy is current as of December 1, 2020.
Emergency Relief Fund Reporting – Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
1. On 09/23/2020, Nuvo College of Cosmetology signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. Nuvo College of Cosmetology received $29307.00 from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Student.
3. Nuvo College of Cosmetology distributed the following amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. $29307.00
• 10/14/2020, $29307.00 was distributed to approximately 18 students as Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
4. 18 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
5. 18 students received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
6. Nuvo determined that any student enrolled on March 13, 2020 in any program with a current ISIR would be eligible to receive funds from this grant. They grant funds were divided evenly between the 18 eligible students.
7. Each student will need to sign the Student Agreement for CARES Act document to acknowledge acceptance of the terms of the grant before the funds will be disbursed. The accounting of the funds will be tracked by the school and reported to the U.S. Department of Education.