600 Hours | Full time and Part time
If “making a difference” in people’s lives means something to you than this is the career choice for you. Teachers foster creativity, develop character, give students lenses with which to view the world and provide students with the skills they need to reach their potential and lead productive lives.
This job incorporates technical as well as creative education. Cosmetology instructors are trained to educate and impart skills upon hair stylists, makeup artists, manicurists and estheticians in training. Instructors are licensed beauty professionals and have a vast knowledge in the field of cosmetology. An instructor should be enthusiastic about teaching, setting a good example for cosmetologists to be. The beauty industry is a customer service based business and the importance of this is first taught in school.
- Learning styles/ teaching methods
- Communication and classroom management
- Lesson Planning and presentations
- Study, testing skills and assessing
On-the-Job Education In Beauty & Wellness
- Demonstrate consultations, product sales, rebooking and how to promote themselves
- Participate in student teaching
- Assist students in Career and Employment preparation
- Make a difference in peoples lives and help them achieve their dreams